Friday, May 2, 2008

THINKING ORANGE

Orange suggests CHANGE and symbolizes INTEGRATION!
The concepts of a recent conference Adam and I attended challenges us to RETHINK children and family ministiries....
Let's imagine that the Church was RED and the Family was Yellow--the color wheel tells us that when you put those together...you have ORANGE!
A study of 17- and 18 year olds show that 70-80% of them walk away from church when they leave home....
that is 80% too many as far as I am concerned!
......so how can we change this? how can we make a difference?
I am not 100% sure there is a correct answer...but after this conference, I have an idea-
Here are a few ideas that ORANGE-OLOGIST tend to embrace:
*Culture is not the real enemy.
*an irrelevant message may be more dangerous than NO message.
*everyone needs REAL community
*children and student pastors neet to meet and work together!
*what happens at home can be more important than what happens at church.
*it is better for Christians to get mad and leave than for non Christians to never come.
*the only thing that will ultimately matter in eternity is someone's relationship with Christ.
wow.
and double WOW!
Guys my life has been changed-I am passionate about these concepts.
Call me liberal. Call me "POST MODERN".....
but I think the cause is worth a TRY!
I just want JESUS to STICK with these kids....FOREVER!
----and i think that is something we ALL have in common!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Woo! I've been praying God will show us how to do that very thing. It is our heart's desire to see the church become what Jesus meant it to be - His body, His hands and feet, His voice, His love to everyone! I can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

We're so very proud of you! What an answer to prayer to have a daughter with a passion and heart for the things of God. Our cup runneth over!!!!
- Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

hey - thanks for being passionate about Jesus and the family. excited to see you blogging about this!
- carey nieuwhof