If I were to write a Christmas Letter to send to my friends and family mine would read something like this:
WHERE THE HECK DECEMBER DID DECEMBER GO?
I can tell you what I was doing all of this month while you were baking cookies and hanging lights on your houses.... I was hugging my toilet puking my brains out and then just laying on my couch watching my children-the ones i love so dearly-un learn everything I have taught them over the last 2-5 years. I lost control in December-watching Cass and Jared beat the living daylights out of each other, ,run around naked, smear toothpaste, and pour their own drinks and all I could mumble was a weak "no, please, no"
Adam also had a special month, he had a procedure that i like to refer to as "getting a zipper on his purse" let's just say that rest assured that unless a freak of nature there will be NO MORE Galema children coming from this mommy. While Adam has been shuffling around the house and not lifting heavy items, a ice storm came to town. Picture it, me, along with me trusty PUMP was out in the freezing chipping ice off the van in my pj's and dress shoes. I always have a sneaking suspicion that my neighbors are watching me and mawking me....call me paranoid.
I somehow managed to pull off our church's children-family Christmas Program--I coasted in on fumes...but everyone worked so hard and it turned out really nice!
Most Christmases you can find me as jolly as old saint nick-having ALL of my Christmas shopping totally finished BEFORE thanksgiving-while this year I waited until today-the eve of Christmas Eve to START shopping.
Even with my grumpy sarcastic attitude- our kids have managed to bring in the season with such joy and excitement that all children have! I am reminded of a song that we sang during our Christmas Program that has stuck with me this season:
God Loved us all so much that He gave us his only Son to save us, the angels came, the shepheds watched, the wise men came to bow, God knew everything we needed so He sent us Jesus, the GReATEST GIFT in all the world is with us now!
Merry Christmas everyone! Here is to a great 2009!!!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I cant even believe how hilarious you are...I read this one aloud to the girls at work and we were all rolling. Ummm...I havent seen you in like 2+ weeks. That is unacceptable. Must hang out soon. :)
i sure hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment